The majority of our books arrive as donations or through our Trade Credit program. Books brought in for Trade Credit are assessed and assigned a value. Trade Credit is held on your account in our system and can be applied to any items with colored labels in the store. Trade Credit expires after 6 months.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING THE FOLLOWING
- We do not hold trade credit drop-offs for assessments to be accepted or declined with books returned. When books are dropped off they are enter our queue they are either assigned trade credit in our system or moved into donation/upcycling processes. We cannot retrieve books for return after they have been evaluated. If you have a question about the possibly value of a book, please email us before bringing it for drop off.
- The value of a title shifts throughout the day based on a number of factors including, but not limited to in-shop available space & quantities, news or current events, upcoming holidays, adaptations or events (ie Christmas books are less valuable in July than November).
- Our space and volunteer abilities are limited. Some seasons trade assessments may take longer than others.
DO Make sure your books are:
- Free of loose pages, bookmarks or other inserted items
- Clean and in good condition
- Contemporary editions or popular classics
- With dust jackets for hard covers
- Have a scannable ISBN or UPC barcode
- Be prepared to take back products we do not accept like DVDs/VHS, magazines, or other non-book items; you may NOT dump and run
WE WILL NOT OFFER CREDIT FOR (but may take donations of)
- Most books without dustjackets
- Well-loved mass markets
- Kid's books with Imagination Library (it is illegal to resell these but we donate them to various programs)
- Any book with price tags or stickers that would need removed prior to sale
- Library discards
- Books with any damages (loose pages, chew marks, rips/stains/etc)
- Hardcover editions of books by prolific pop authors (Danielle Steel, John Grisham, James Patterson, Clive Cussler, etc)
WE DO NOT ACCEPT FOR ANY KIND OF TRADE OR DONATION
- Used workbooks
- Books with any kind of mold, evidence of bugs or odors
- Spiral bound materials like community cookbooks
- Materials in binders, files, or other containers without a printed spine
- Magazines, calendars, scrapbooks or photo albums or planners
- VHS or audio cassettes
- DVDs or CDs
Larger quantities please email us for details. We have EXTREMELY limited space in our shop and need to prepare extra space for large drop offs.
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO TAKE UNACCEPTED ITEMS BACK WITH YOU AT THE TIME OF DROP OFF